Community Education Programs
Our community education programs are free* to participants and designed to promote kindness and appropriate treatment of animals. We offer a variety of topics appropriate for elementary schools, special needs groups, and youth organizations through our Volunteer Speakers Bureau. Our goal is to encourage respect and compassion for animals.
Presentations are designed for children, and can be modified to accommodate most age groups and special needs. Community education programs include, but are not limited to:
- Dog Bite Prevention - 20 to 25 minutes, available for all ages. Teaches what to do around a dog you don’t know, “Dog Bite Do’s and Don’ts” and, how to approach and pet a dog properly.
- Basic Pet Care - 10 minutes, any grade and age level. Teaches the basic skills needed to care for pets.
- How you can Help Make a Difference - 10 minutes, available for all ages. Teaches children that anyone can make a difference, help animals, and help the environment.
- How to Treat a Dog Properly - 5 to 10 minutes, designed for young children. Teaches proper treatment of dogs.
- How to Treat a Cat Properly - 5 to 10 minutes, designed for young children. Teaches proper treatment of cats.
- Canine and Feline Safety - 5 minutes, designed for young children. Teaches children how to make their home and yard safe for dogs and cats.
For information or to set-up a presentation, please contact us at 330-487-0333.
*Although Community Education Programs are free to participants, donations to support the mission of Humane Society of Summit County are welcome.