The Humane Society of Summit County offers Community Service opportunities for kids and teens under the age of 18 looking for volunteer hours that are mandatory for a group, school credit, or a class. In order to receive formal credit from HSSC for your project please complete the Service Project form. If your service project is approved, you will receive confirmation of acceptance. You must have prior approval to receive credit.
Once you have received approval, please follow the steps to receive credit:
· Complete your project and keep a log of your service hours that include a description of the work completed.
· With your parents or guardian, have someone take a photo of you working on your project.
· Write a short reflection paper on your experience (1-3) pages.
· When complete, please email copies of the signed project form, project log, reflection paper, photo, and signed waiver to:
Marlo Wolfe, Volunteer Coordinator
Examples of projects:
· Dog treat bake sale
· Donation drive for HSSC—See wish list
· Write a children’s book that talks about caring for a pet
· Make no-sew blankets
Students over the age of 18: please contact our Volunteer Coordinator for alternative volunteer opportunities.